Village Place has a trash and recycling pick-up contract with VF Waste. Trash is backdoor pickup on Monday and Thursday starting at 7:00 AM except holidays. Recycling is curbside pickup on Mondays starting at 7:00 AM. Below are the guidelines provided through VF Waste's Site.
You are encouraged to contact VF by phone at 713-787-9790 if your trash collection is missed or you have questions.
Trash Pickup will be delayed to the next scheduled collection day when the following Holidays fall on a Monday or Thursday:
- New Year's Day
- Good Friday
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Residential Garbage Collection Guidelines
- Please have waste ready for collection no later than 7 a.m.
- Additional waste will be picked up provided it meets the following requirements:
- Waste must be properly "bagged, boxed or bundled” so that a worker can lift them.
- The weight must not exceed 65 lbs. per bag, box or bundle.
- Place items 3 feet from your container so our workers can collect them.
- The dimensions cannot exceed 2 feet by 2 feet by 3 feet.
- Per Federal Law, refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioning units must be drained of all Freon and have an accompanying bill verifying Freon has been drained
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED: dirt, rocks, bricks, concrete, tires, batteries, motor oil, cooking oil, waste generated by a private contractor, hazardous/toxic chemicals or material, construction material, no more than 1 room of carpeting, bundled and less than 40 pounds. Items not collected will be tagged explaining reason for non-collection.
For communities receiving backdoor service, please note only household waste will be collected away from the curb unless otherwise stated. Yard waste, heavy trash, and recycle bins/carts must be placed at the curb for collection.