Village Place has recycling through our trash provider, VF Waste. Recycling pickup will be weekly on Mondays. Please have your recycling out by 7am and secured such that it will not blow around in the street.
You are encouraged to contact VF by phone at 713-787-9790 if your recycling collection is missed or you have questions.
(Please place in a separate paper bag, eliminates wind blowing it around, do not put in plastic bags)
- Newspaper, magazines, catalogs, annual reports
- Clean pizza boxes, soda and beer boxes
- Envelopes, junk mail, paper bags
- White, colored and fax paper
- Telephone books, paper egg cartons
- Carbonless forms, tissue role cores
- Shredded paper strips – (please tie tight in plastic bag)
(Please rinse and drain glass as much as possible before placing out for pick-up.)
We will accept household glass items purchased at the grocery store such as jars, glass bottles, wine bottles, glass beer bottles etc. We will accept the most common color such as clear, brown and green. We will not accept window/door glass, glass plates, table glass or glass products used for placing cooked foods.
CARDBOARD (Please breakdown larger boxes) Corrugated cardboard boxes, cereal, food, detergent, pet food, etc.
METAL/ALUMINIUM (Please rinse out prior to placing in bin, food can contaminate recycling)
- Soda, juice, and beer aluminum cans (if you crush them there’s more room in bin)
- Tin/steel food & pet food cans
- Aluminum foil, pie pans, and trays
- Metal jar lids
(If you can crush these items there’s more room in bin) (Check for recycling seal # 1 through # 7, please rinse and remove the lid – lid can go in bin)
- Milk, juice and cooking oil jugs
- Soda & water bottles
- Dish, shampoo, lotions, soap bottles
- Bleach & detergent containers
- Household cleaning containers
- Butter & ice cream tubs
- Yogurt cups & microwave trays
- Clean plastic flower pots
- Orange prescription pill bottles (please double check recycle # on bottom and must wash out residue)
THIN PLASTIC Grocery store bags, dry cleaning bags, produce bags, plastic sleeve from newspaper
Items not accepted at this time:
- Ceramic items or porcelain
- Computer Parts
- Medical Waste or Biohazard
PAPER not accepted: Disposable diapers, food-encrusted pizza boxes, cereal box liners, food/seed bags, photographs, foil greeting cards, slick-coated frozen food boxes, tissue paper, foil gift wrap, hardback books, Tyvek envelopes, food contaminated paper plates, cups and napkins.
METALS not accepted: Paint and aerosol containers, pesticide & chemical containers, oil filters & batteries, syringes & needles.
PLASTICS not accepted: anti-freeze & motor oil containers, pesticide & chemical containers, plastics with no recycling symbol, toys, laundry baskets, and unsanitary containers.