||Wednesday 10/18/2017 6:43 PM
Our neighborhood has a contract with the Harris County Precinct 5 Constables. In the event of an emergency or if you observe suspicious behavior, don't hesitate to call them!
Your association dues help to pay for the contract deputy services. These services are designed to provide Village Place with high law enforcement visibility and rapid emergency and non-emergency response as a supplement to normal law enforcement services.
This is a collection of useful forms that you can fill out to request additional constable services.
Holiday Safety Tips
- Do not leave purchased items visible in the car - leave them in the trunk.
- While shopping in the evening hours may be less crowded, there are also additional potential risks involved. Park in areas of parking lots that have adequate lighting. Consider shopping with someone rather than going alone.
- Make sure purses and wallets are secure on your person and you are aware of their location at all times.
- Keep the amount of available cash you have at a minimum or separate it into different pockets or locations on or about your person. This way all of it is not lost if your purse or wallet is misplaced or stolen.
- Credit cards offer convenience and security, however, keep track of all cards and keep receipts to compare to your monthly statement.
- Remain aware of your surroundings at all times and move to and from your vehicle with confidence and "purpose". Have keys ready before getting to your car so you do not have to search for them while standing near it.
- Report suspicious people or activity to law enforcement immediately!
- Most important is to reduce your own vulnerability and do what you can to minimize the possibility that you could be a victim of a crime or accidental loss.
Home Safety Tips When You Are Away
- Valuable items, such as televisions, stereos, and computers should be inscribed with an identifying number unique to its owner (do not use your entire social security number).
- Create an up-to-date home inventory including make, model, serial numbers, other detailed descriptions, and photographs of items of value (including jewelry). This inventory should be kept somewhere safe, out of the house.
- At least two light timers should be set to turn the lights and TV on and off in a logical sequence when away for an extended time period to give the appearance that someone is home.
- The motion detector or other alarm system (if you have one) should be activated when you leave home.
- Mail and newspaper deliveries should be stopped or arrangements for a neighbor/friend to pick them up should be made when you are away from home for a period of time.
- Ask a trusted neighbor to tend the yard, shovel the snow, and watch your home when you are away or have a trusted friend or relative house sit in your absence.
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked when you leave, even if you have an alarm system.
Houston Police Office
If needed, the Houston Police Department (HPD) has a physical address that is open 24 hours a day at:
3203 South Dairy Ashford
Houston, TX 77082
View Larger Map
Being diligent, alert, and informed is the best way to stay safe and secure. The Village Place Community offers a variety of resources and services to help. In addition to the important security posts made on this site, you'll also find a "Neighborhood News" feed that provides Westchase neighborhood incidents and the collection of online resources below.
This is a collection of online resources to help keep you informed.
© Copyright 2017 VillagePlaceCommunity.com powered by digitalfrontporch v5.1, a service of houstonpcpro.com